ASAP’s membership includes programs, organizations, individuals, and companies that support effective substance use and problem gambling disorder prevention, treatment, and recovery. Through advocacy at the state and federal levels, ASAP champions the urgent message that substance use and problem gambling disorders are public health issues that with adequate resources can be effectively addressed. ASAP offers professional development, program development, technical assistance, and community education to strengthen and increase access to prevention, treatment and recovery support services.
ASAP serves as a catalyst for cross-systems collaboration with public health, mental health, criminal justice, juvenile justice, child welfare, social services, policy makers and service providers. We represent the field on numerous policy development and implementation work groups with a regional, statewide and national focus.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
Advocacy & Representation: Impact public policy and join the preeminent voice of the field. Participate in ASAP’s annual Advocacy Days in Albany and Washington DC.
Networking Opportunities: Conferences, committees, workgroups – all of these provide invaluable opportunities to learn from your peers, to gather information and resources, and to develop long-term professional relationships and collaborations.
Get the Latest Information: Members receive immediate access to industry breaking news including clinical developments, legislative activity, reimbursement concerns, etc. through e-mail updates and specialty mailings and webinars.
ASAP Annual Statewide Conference: The ASAP Annual Conference is the only statewide leadership conference in our field that brings together industry leaders and experts. The conference is designed around networking, interaction and information exchange.
Job Target: Access to ASAP’s popular job bank, highlighting position openings and potential candidates in the field.
WHO SHOULD JOIN?
- Substance use disorder and problem gambling prevention, treatment and recovery programs
- School and community-based organizations
- Organizations dedicated to supporting persons and families in recovery
- Behavioral health organizations
- Local, regional and statewide associations and coalitions of substance use and problem gambling disorder programs
- Companies interested in supporting ASAP’s mission
- Professionals, Trainers, Families
CORPORATE AFFILIATE PROGRAM
- Corporate membership individually tailored to maximize achievement of your marketing and outreach goals
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
- Join the Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Providers of New York State.
- Network with Association members at our Annual Statewide Conference.
- Participate in meetings and the activities of our committees.