NYCB Renewal Application
Thank you for your interest in renewing your certification and your dedication to the field. Certification of peers promotes our profession generally and your practice and prospects specifically. Our renewal application is now available online!
- CRPA: 24 hours recovery-specific education (multiple courses); plus, 4 hours peer ethics
- CARC: 15 hours recovery-specific education (multiple courses); plus, 3 hours peer ethics
- Application and Fees: Please click here to submit your online renewal application and payment. If you have been previously awarded a CRPA Scholarship to cover renewal fees, please enter “CRPASCHOLAR” in the Promo Code box. If you have not yet applied, please see “Scholarship” section below. Renewal applications received within 45 days of the expiration date are subject to a $25 late fee.
- Training Inventory: Please click here to access the Training Inventory form. Please fill out this form and email it, along with copies of your training completion certificates, to Elisabeth Kranson, NYCB Certification Coordinator at email@example.com
- Scholarships: Scholarship funding is available from OASAS for CRPA renewal fees until 6/28/19. Please click here to apply. No scholarships can be granted after that date.
In order to determine your renewal date, please verify your credential using the NYCB online credential verification system: http://www.asapnys.org/verify-a-certification/
Late Renewals (certificate expired for less than a year):
Candidates must complete the steps outlined above, as well as submit the applicable late fees:
1) $25 for applications submitted less than 45 days before expiration and less than 6 months after expiration
2) $50 for applications submitted between 6-12 months after expiration
Reinstatement (certificate expired for more than a year):
- Candidates must submit all renewal requirements listed above, including: completed online application and training documentation showing completion of required continuing education (28 hours for CRPA and 18 hours for CARC).
- Candidates must also take the foundational training again (46 hours for CRPA and 60 hours for CARC). The training used for original certification is ineligible.
- Pay the standard renewal fee of $100 AND $100 late fee.
- Candidates are not required to re-take the CRPA Peer Recovery exam.
Questions? Contact Elisabeth Kranson, Certification Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org