NYCB Renewal Application
Thank you for your interest in renewing your certification and your dedication to the field. Certification of peers promotes our profession generally and your practice and prospects specifically. Our renewal application is now available online!
- CRPA: 24 hours recovery-specific education (multiple courses); plus, 4 hours peer ethics
- CARC: 15 hours recovery-specific education (multiple courses); plus, 3 hours peer ethics
- Application and Fees: Please click here to submit your online renewal application and payment. If you have been previously awarded a CRPA Scholarship to cover renewal fees, please enter “CRPASCHOLAR” in the Promo Code box. You MUST complete this step to proceed with the certification renewal process.
- Training Inventory: Please click here to access the training inventory form. Please fill out this form and email it, together with copies of your training completion certificates and a copy of your CRPA Scholarship Award letter (if applicable), to Elisabeth Kranson, NYCB Certification Coordinator at email@example.com
- Scholarships: New scholarship funding is available from OASAS for CRPA renewal fees. Please click here to apply.
In order to determine your renewal date, please verify your credential using the NYCB online credential verification system: http://www.asapnys.org/verify-a-certification/
Late Renewals (certificate expired for less than a year):
Candidates must complete the steps outlined above, as well as submit the applicable late fees:
$25 for applications submitted less than 6 months after expiration
$50 for applications submitted between 6-12 months after expiration
Reinstatement (certificate expired for more than a year):
- Candidates must submit all renewal requirements listed above, including: completed online application and training documentation showing completion of 28 hours of continuing education.
- Candidates must also take the 46 hours of foundational training again. The training used for original certification is ineligible.
- Pay the standard renewal fee of $100 AND $100 late fee.
- Candidates are not required to re-take an exam.
Questions? Contact Elisabeth Kranson, Certification Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org