|Membership||$60.00 (per year)|
• Name and content of role competence trainings delivered by you in support of initial and/or renewal certifications at the New York Certification Board
• Number of these trainings delivered by you personally in the last three years (minimum required: 3 in the most recent calendar year)
• Your status as a member of the FOR-NY Best Practice Trainer and/or CCAR-authorized trainer (optional)
• The name of your training referee (see, "What is the Training Reference letter?" below)To begin your application for membership, please create an account/log in to an existing account (current ASAP-NYCB certificants only) in Certemy at https://app.certemy.com/entry/self-enrollments/ASAP-NYCB-Trainer-Registry-Membership/d2eaadd9-b407-4536-a9e9-605de98751d8. Please note that applications must be completed in Certemy within six months.
1. Participation in a prestigious statewide peer recovery trainer association
2. Posting to the ASAP-NYCB online profile of registry members, complete with your professional profile picture and links to your website and email
3. Free review of registry member trainings submitted under the ASAP-NYCB Training Approval program. (Registry membership is required for, but does not guarantee, training approval.)
4. Free listing of approved trainings on a dedicated New York Certification Board webpage
5. Digital badge confirming training approval status for placement on associated training certificates and promotional materials
6. Automatic student enrollment in ASAP Peer Recovery Exam Prep workshop
7. Access to employment opportunities at the ASAP Job Bank
8. Ability to extend approved training status to colleagues/co-presenters in conference workshops via waiver process
9. Consultative status to NYCB on issues affecting quality and delivery of peer recovery training
10. Regular advisories on new developments/policies in peer recovery certification and training
11. Invitation to participate in, and attend free-of-charge, annual/biennial training symposia to be hosted by ASAP-NYCB for peer recovery training professionals
12. Invitation to apply for ASAP-Peer Workforce Initiative TOT training as opportunities arise
• Include a clear statement of your skills and abilities as a trainer• Include evidence of your competence and capability in training facilitation and delivery • Include a description of a professional relationship between you and your referee of at least 6 months • Be submitted by another training professional who has direct experience of your work, preferably as a co-facilitator
A training reference is NOT:
• a character reference• a recovery reference Please ask your referee to email the Training Reference letter to Ruth Riddick, Program Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application will not be reviewed without a Training Reference letter.
1. One submission only per course. We do not need additional submissions when approved courses are repeated within the time-frame of the approval (i.e. the term of your current ASAP-NYCB Trainer Registry Membership). Details of your Trainer Registry # and expiration are given in the Welcome Letter you received via email when you became a member, and reproduced on your individualized training approval badge, when issued.
2. Please complete all three sections of the form and upload any requested documentation:
3. Please confirm that your course delivers competencies of both CARC and CRPA certifications; it will not be reviewed otherwise.
4. For initial certifications, we require 100% competence presence. Please indicate whether you are delivering 46 hours foundational training in one or two curricula.
5. The training approval process is a Trainer Registry member benefit. However, training approval is not automatic. We must receive a complete submission for each of your courses.
6. When issued, your individualized training approval badge will include the date of approval expiration - i.e the conclusion of your present ASAP-NYCB Trainer Registry membership term (see details in the Welcome Letter sent via email when you became a member).
7. This training approval badge must be displayed on your training completion certificates to be accepted towards professional certification at ASAP-NYCB.
8. Once expired, all training approvals must be resubmitted, with any updates to your content or practice noted in the new submission.
12. If your Trainer Registry membership expires anytime before April 1, 2024, you may extend it now by making a payment through our online portal at https://tinyurl.com/trainer-payment-2022-2024.Click here to access the online training approval submission form.
13. In partnership with ASAP, an option to add Social Work credits review has been added to the submission form. The processing fee per course (not per delivery) is $25. Where approved, trainers will be advised of separate implementation protocols.
Email questions to Program Manager Ruth Riddick at email@example.com