NYCB Renewal Process
Thank you for your interest in renewing your certification and your dedication to the field. Certification of peers promotes our profession generally and your practice and prospects specifically.
Renewal is a 2-step process: 1) complete the necessary continuing education training and 2) submit a renewal application and payment.
Continuing Education consists of formal classes, workshops and presentations approved by ASAP-NYCB that are designed to reinforce the knowledge, skills, and abilities related to professional practice in ASAP-NYCB certified roles.
Professional Development comprises a formal professional activity or event that serves as an investment in an individual’s career advancement or professional growth. Professional development for ASAP-NYCB purposes includes participation in approved professional meetings and other approved non-training workforce development projects which advance the peer profession or emphasize networking and soft skills. ASAP-NYCB will accept a total of 4 hours approved Professional Development as meeting part of the requirements for certification renewal.
- CRPA: 28 hours recovery-specific education (multiple courses); including, 4 hours peer ethics. CASAC ethics will not be accepted for the ethics requirement.
- CARC: 18 hours recovery-specific education (multiple courses); including, 3 hours peer ethics. CASAC ethics will not be accepted for the ethics requirement.
In order to determine your renewal date, please click here to use the NYCB Registry in Certemy.
What if my CARC or CRPA certification has expired?
Late Renewals (certificate expired for less than a year):
Candidates must complete the steps outlined above, as well as submit the applicable late fees:
1) $25 for applications submitted less than 45 days before expiration and less than 6 months after expiration
2) $50 for applications submitted between 6-12 months after expiration
Please contact Elisabeth Kranson at email@example.com or Cathie Gifford at firstname.lastname@example.org if your certification has lapsed and you do not see a renewal application available to you in your Certemy account.
Reinstatement (certificate expired for more than a year):
- Candidates must submit all renewal requirements listed above, including: completed online application and training documentation showing completion of required continuing education (28 hours for CRPA and 18 hours for CARC). Please see approved continuing education options at http://www.asapnys.org/ny-certification-board/renewal-program/.
- Candidates must also take the foundational training again (46 hours for CRPA and 60 hours for CARC). The training used for original certification is ineligible. Please see Approved Training options at http://www.asapnys.org/ny-certification-board/nycb-approved-training/.
- Pay the standard renewal fee of $100 AND $100 late fee.
- Candidates are not required to re-take the IC&RC Peer Recovery exam.
Questions? Contact Elisabeth Kranson at email@example.com or Cathie Gifford at firstname.lastname@example.org.