Thank you for your interest in certification and your commitment to the field. We hope you are staying safe during this unprecedented time. We are working from home to answer your questions, process applications, and improve the certification process.
NYCB is pleased to announced its transition to Certemy, which will allow users to complete their entire initial application or renewal process online from any computer or device. Questions? Please see click here for Frequently Asked Questions and answers!
New applicant Information -
- What is required to apply for CARC or CRPA certifcation? - click here
- Where can I find training? - Any training taken after 10/1/20 must be NYCB-approved or it will not be accepted for certfication. Please click here for NYCB-approved training before you commit to a course. Training certificates must clearly show the individualized ASAP-NYCB Training Approval Badge or they will not be accepted.
- I've completed the training, how do I apply for certification? - One-time "self-enrollment links for each certification can be found on the right sidebar. Step-by-step instructions for Certemy are also posted. Please only use the links on the right once to install the certification application of your choice. Any other time you want to log into Certemy, use this link: https://asap.certemy.com/entry/login.
- Applications will be reviewed once all steps, including fee payment, have been completed. Please note that the review process can take up to 4 weeks.
Current NYCB certified professionals-
- How do I renew my CARC/CRPA/CRPA-F certification? - Please visit our renewal page for detailed information about the training requirements and process for renewal using Certemy: http://www.asapnys.org/ny-certification-board/renewal-program/. Any training taken after January 1, 2021 for CARC/CRPA renewal purposes must be NYCB-Approved. Training certificates must clearly show the individualized ASAP-NYCB Training Approval Badge or they will not be accepted.
- How do I upgrade my CRPA-Provisional certification to full CRPA? -
- Complete your Upgrade to CRPA application in Certemy (https://asap.certemy.com/entry/login) and pay the $130 fee ($50 application fee and $80 exam fee)
- Pass the IC&RC Peer Recovery Exam
- Do I need to do anything in Certemy if I am not ready to renew/upgrade? - Even if you are not ready to renew, please familiarize yourself with your Certemy account by clicking on the following link: https://asap.certemy.com/entry/login. You will use your email address as your User ID. If you don't yet have a password, please email email@example.com for assistance. Once logged in, click "Accept" on each certification (if you have more than one) to confirm and maintain that certification. That is all you need to do! You will receive automatic notifications when it is time to renew.
Verify the status of any peer recovery professional's by clicking here.
Additional important updates for new and current applicants:
- IC&RC Peer Recovery Exam: Testing sites are open. Only current CRPA-Provisionals or CRPA applicants with a Board-approved application are eligible to take the exam. Payment of the $80 exam fee must be made in advance and can be done in your Certemy account. Once payment is received, you will be pre-registered and receive an email from SMT with instructions on how to schedule an exam date.
- Peer Recovery Exam Prep workshop is now online 24/7. Register here.
- Payments: If you need to make credit-card payments outside of the Certemy application process, click here to be directed to our secure payment portal. Payments for initial applications or renewals should be made in Certemy at the time of application.
Choose the certification that is right for you:
- Certified Recovery Peer Advocate (CRPA) – click here for role competencies
- Certified Recovery Peer Advocate-Family (CRPA-F) – click here for role competencies
- Certified Addiction Recovery Coach (CARC) – click here for role competencies
NYCB Code of Ethical Conduct & Complaint Filing Procedure
Acceptance of the ASAP-NYCB Code of Ethical Conduct & Disciplinary Procedures is a mandatory requirement of certification which promotes the profession and protects the public. Certification, including adherence to the Code, confirms that certificants are ethical professionals engaging in a transparent and accountable practice.
To report an ethical complaint relating to an ASAP-NYCB certificant, please verify that professional's certification status here before completing and submitting the Code's "Disciplinary Procedures" forms. Complaint forms can be found in the Code of Ethical Conduct & Disciplinary Procedures. Completed forms can be emailed to Elisabeth Kranson at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed the NYCB at 11 North Pearl St., #801, Albany, NY, 12207. Your complaint will be fully investigated by staff and the NYCB Ethics Committee.
- Apply now for membership of the ASAP-NYCB Trainer Registry. See program details here.
- Training Approval submissions are invited from ASAP-NYCB Trainer Registry members.
Additional Information & Services:
- Certification Development Process - click here for details
- News from the field – click here.
- Notices from the field will be emailed to NYCB certificants per our Notifications Distribution Program; details here. Please note that notices will not be reviewed without pre-payment.
- Job opportunities may be posted to the ASAP Job Bank - http://www.asapnys.org/job-bank/.
- Information about ASAP Membership is available at http://www.asapnys.org/benefits-services/member-services/.