|ASAP is a statewide association of SUD programs/agencies, professionals, behavioral health networks, and stakeholders working to increase support for substance use disorder services, improve patient care, and support sustainable recovery.
The mission of the New York Certification Board (NYCB), a project of ASAP, is to strengthen health and human services outcomes and enhance the recovery-oriented skills and capacity of the workforce.
Thank you for your interest in certification and your commitment to the field.
At NYCB, we offer the following services:
- Peer Recovery Profession certifications – click here for candidate requirements and step-by-step instructions on how to apply.
- Application Forms – see sidebar for downloadable copies
- Upgrade from CRPA-Provisional – click here for details
- Peer Recovery Exam Prep Workshop – click here for dates and registration
- Certifications Renewal Program – click here for instructions on how to renew your CARC or CRPA certifications.
- Verify a current certification here
- Submit payment by credit card for your initial application or the CRPA exam- click here for form.
Choose the certification that is right for you:
- Certified Recovery Peer Advocate (CRPA) – click here for role competencies
- Certified Recovery Peer Advocate-Family (CRPA-F) – click here for role competencies
- Certified Addiction Recovery Coach (CARC) – click here for role competencies
Additional Information & Services:
- Certification Development Process - click here for details
- Events and opportunities from the field – click here for news
- Training Approval for Online Programs (temporary/limited) - click here for application
- Training Approval application forms are available here. Please note approvals take 4-6 weeks to process.
- Training Approval application credit card authorization form is available click here. Please note approvals will not be processed without payment.
- Notifications for distribution to NYCB certificants must be accompanied by a credit card authorization available here. Please note that notices will not be distributed without payment.
- Job opportunities may be posted to the ASAP Job Bank - http://www.asapnys.org/job-bank/
- Information about ASAP Membership is available at http://www.asapnys.org/benefits-services/member-services/
NYCB Code of Ethical Conduct
Please see the ASAP-NYCB Code of Ethical Conduct & Disciplinary Procedures – click here for a downloadable copy. Acceptance of the Code is a mandatory requirement of certification which promotes the profession and protects the public. Certification, including adherence to the Code, confirms that certificants are ethical professionals engaging in a transparent and accountable practice.
To report an ethical complaint relating to an ASAP-NYCB certificant, please verify that professional's certification status here before completing and submitting the Code's "Disciplinary Procedures" forms. Complaint forms can be found in the Code of Ethical Conduct & Disciplinary Procedures. Completed forms can be emailed to Elisabeth Kranson at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed the NYCB at 11 North Pearl St., #801, Albany, NY, 12207. Your complaint will be fully investigated by staff and the NYCB Ethics Committee.