|The mission of the New York Certification Board (NYCB), a project of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Providers of New York State (ASAP), is to strengthen health and human services outcomes and enhance the recovery-oriented skills and capacity of the workforce.|
At NYCB, we offer the following services:
- Peer Recovery Profession certifications – click here for details
- Upgrade from CRPA-Provisional – click here for details
- Peer Recovery Exam Prep Workshop – click here for dates and registration
- Certifications Renewal Program – click here for instructions
- Verify a current certification here
- Events and opportunities from the field – click here for news
- Application Forms – see sidebar for downloadable copies
- Training Approval application forms are available here. Please note approvals take 4-6 weeks to process.
- Training Approval application credit card authorization form is available here. Please note approvals will not be processed without payment.
Please also see the ASAP-NYCB Code of Ethical Conduct & Disciplinary Procedures – click here for a downloadable copy. Acceptance of the Code is a mandatory requirement of certification which promotes the profession and protects the public. Certification, including adherence to the Code, confirms that certificants are ethical professionals engaging in a transparent and accountable practice. To report an ethical complaint relating to an ASAP-NYCB certificant, please verify that professional’s certification status here before completing and submitting the Code’s “Disciplinary Procedures” forms. Your complaint will be fully investigated by Board and staff.
To find out more about who we are, please go to our ASAP-NYCB Team page here.
We hope you find our website helpful. We look forward to hearing from you and to supporting your career goals in the Peer Recovery Profession.