Thank you for your interest in certification and your commitment to the field. We hope you are staying safe during this unprecedented time. We are working from home to answer your questions, process applications, and improve the certification process.
Certemy is now available! NYCB is pleased to announced its transition to Certemy, which will allow users to complete their entire application or renewal process online from any computer or device.
New applications - If you are interested in applying for a new CARC, CRPA, CRPA-Provisional or CRPA-Family certification, even if you currently hold another certification with NYCB, please see the sidebar for individual application links and instructions. Please only use the links on the right once to install the certification application of your choice. Any other time you want to log into Certemy, use this link: https://asap.certemy.com/entry/login.
Current CARC, CRPA, and CRPA-Family certified professionals- Your previous application information has been transferred to Certemy. Please take a few minutes now to create a password-protected account by clicking on the following link: https://asap.certemy.com/entry/login and following the instructions emailed to you by Elisabeth Kranson, Director of Certification. Once logged in, click "Accept" on each certification (if you have more than one) to confirm and maintain that certification. That is all you need to do! You will receive automatic notifications when it is time to renew.
Current CRPA-Provisionals - Your CRPA-P application information has been transferred to Certemy. Please take a few minutes now to create a password-protected account by clicking on the following link: https://asap.certemy.com/entry/login and following the instructions emailed to you by Elisabeth Kranson, Director of Certification. Once logged in, click "Accept" on your Upgrade to CRPA application to confirm and maintain that certification, even if you are not ready to upgrade yet. For step-by-step instructions on how to upgrade using Certemy, please click here.
Verify your, or another peer recovery professional's status by clicking here.
Additional important updates for new and current applicants:
- Training: Any training taken after October 1, 2020, must be NYCB-approved to be submitted for initial certification. Any training taken after January 1, 2021 for CARC/CRPA renewal purposes must be NYCB-Approved. Training certificates must clearly show the individualized ASAP-NYCB Training Approval Badge or they will not be accepted. Please visit the ASAP-NYCB Trainer Registry directory here.
- Approved Training for Initial Certifications: Please see the Training page on the above navigation bar (http://www.asapnys.org/ny-certification-board/nycb-approved-training/).
- NEW! CARC Electives announced - click here for details of training opportunities to complete foundational training for initial CARC certification. Options for approved MAT (Medication Assisted Treatment) courses are also posted on the Training page.
- IC&RC Peer Recovery Exam: Testing sites are open. Only current CRPA-Provisionals or CRPA applicants with a Board-approved application are eligible to take the exam. Payment of the $80 exam fee must be made in advance. See below for link to our payment portal. Once payment is received, you will be pre-registered and receive an email from SMT with instructions on how to schedule an exam date.
- Payments: If you need to make credit-card payments outside of the Certemy application process, click here to be directed to our secure payment portal. Payments for initial applications or renewals should be made in Certemy at the time of application.
- Approved Training for Renewals: Now posted to the ASAP-NYCB Training Renewal Program page (http://www.asapnys.org/ny-certification-board/renewal-program/). All approved training lists are updated on a monthly basis.
Choose the certification that is right for you:
- Certified Recovery Peer Advocate (CRPA) – click here for role competencies
- Certified Recovery Peer Advocate-Family (CRPA-F) – click here for role competencies
- Certified Addiction Recovery Coach (CARC) – click here for role competencies
NYCB Code of Ethical Conduct & Complaint Filing Procedure
Acceptance of the ASAP-NYCB Code of Ethical Conduct & Disciplinary Procedures is a mandatory requirement of certification which promotes the profession and protects the public. Certification, including adherence to the Code, confirms that certificants are ethical professionals engaging in a transparent and accountable practice.
To report an ethical complaint relating to an ASAP-NYCB certificant, please verify that professional's certification status here before completing and submitting the Code's "Disciplinary Procedures" forms. Complaint forms can be found in the Code of Ethical Conduct & Disciplinary Procedures. Completed forms can be emailed to Elisabeth Kranson at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed the NYCB at 11 North Pearl St., #801, Albany, NY, 12207. Your complaint will be fully investigated by staff and the NYCB Ethics Committee.
- Apply now for membership of the ASAP-NYCB Trainer Registry. See program details here.
- Training Approval submissions are invited from ASAP-NYCB Trainer Registry members.
Additional Information & Services:
- Certification Development Process - click here for details
- Events and opportunities from the field – click here for news
- Notices from the field will be emailed to NYCB certificants per our Notifications Distribution Program; details here. Please note that notices will not be reviewed without pre-payment.
- Job opportunities may be posted to the ASAP Job Bank - http://www.asapnys.org/job-bank/
- Information about ASAP Membership is available at http://www.asapnys.org/benefits-services/member-services/