Thank you for your interest in certification and your commitment to the field. We hope you are staying safe during this unprecedented time. We are working from home to answer your questions, process applications, and improve the certification process.
Updates for new and current applicants:
- Training: Any training taken after October 1, 2020, must be NYCB-approved to be submitted for initial certification. Any training taken after January 1, 2021 for CARC/CRPA renewal purposes must be NYCB-Approved. Training certificates must clearly show the individualized ASAP-NYCB Training Approval Badge. Please visit the ASAP-NYCB Trainer Registry directory here.
- IC&RC Peer Recovery Exam: Testing sites are open. Only current CRPA-Provisionals or CRPA applicants with a Board-approved application are eligible to take the exam. Payment of the $80 exam fee must be made in advance. Please contact Cathie Gifford at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- The Exam Prep Workshop has gone virtual! - click here for more information about this free resource.
- New fillable CARC/CRPA/CRPA-Provisional/CRPA-Family applications are available. Please see sidebar.
- Credit Card Payments - we can now accept online payments for initial certification. Please click here to use our secure payment portal.
- Peer Recovery Profession certifications – click here for candidate requirements and step-by-step instructions on how to apply.
- Upgrade from CRPA-Provisional – click here for each step of the upgrade process.
- Renewal Program – click here for instructions on how to renew your CARC or CRPA certifications.
- Verify a current certification here
Choose the certification that is right for you:
- Certified Recovery Peer Advocate (CRPA) – click here for role competencies
- Certified Recovery Peer Advocate-Family (CRPA-F) – click here for role competencies
- Certified Addiction Recovery Coach (CARC) – click here for role competencies
- Apply now for membership of the ASAP-NYCB Trainer Registry. See program details here.
- Training Approval submissions are invited from ASAP-NYCB Trainer Registry members. Please see instructions and submission form here.
Additional Information & Services:
- Certification Development Process - click here for details
- Events and opportunities from the field – click here for news
- Notifications for distribution to NYCB certificants must be accompanied by a credit card authorization available here. Please note that notices will not be distributed without payment.
- Job opportunities may be posted to the ASAP Job Bank - http://www.asapnys.org/job-bank/
- Information about ASAP Membership is available at http://www.asapnys.org/benefits-services/member-services/
NYCB Code of Ethical Conduct & Complaint Filing Procedure
Please see the ASAP-NYCB Code of Ethical Conduct & Disciplinary Procedures – click here for a downloadable copy. Acceptance of the Code is a mandatory requirement of certification which promotes the profession and protects the public. Certification, including adherence to the Code, confirms that certificants are ethical professionals engaging in a transparent and accountable practice.
To report an ethical complaint relating to an ASAP-NYCB certificant, please verify that professional's certification status here before completing and submitting the Code's "Disciplinary Procedures" forms. Complaint forms can be found in the Code of Ethical Conduct & Disciplinary Procedures. Completed forms can be emailed to Elisabeth Kranson at email@example.com or mailed the NYCB at 11 North Pearl St., #801, Albany, NY, 12207. Your complaint will be fully investigated by staff and the NYCB Ethics Committee.